April 13, 2008

A Day in KLIBF'08

I was there on the 12th April… but on the 11th itself I was in KL since I need to go to Mak Long Bib house in AU3 Keramat to return all her books regarding government exam… then stay a night there before going to KLIBF’08 on the next morning…. However, God make pretty good plan for me… when I was doing some window shopping with my other siblings I bump into my dang crony’s sisters from Brunei…. Both of Kak Nina and Kak Ryn also were there since they just arrived from Brunei the day before… it was a true coincident…

So on the 12th itself, I and my siblings, Yong and Adik depart from Menara Jentayu around 9.45 and we reach PWTC around 10.15… during that time there were already crowded with people… so we also need to squeeze in order to be able to enter especially in Hall 3… Jemari Seni booth is in Hall 3 so need to go there first as I need to take my books from there… after greet almost everybody before the book hunting process begins… Kaksu and Kak Yah (of course must be there), Kak Notie, Kak Noor, Syud and others… before that, I SMS my sweet sis and asking where she is now? Then she replied to me back telling she o the way and she will go to MPH booth first… after that I learned that Dr. SMS is at the MPH booth promoting his late brother book entitled “Reaching for the Stars”…. Actually I bought the book when I was in MPH Midvalley… coincidently I brought along the books with me and indirectly the MPH staff allowed me to queue up and get his signature on my books… what a nice coincident… in fact he did advise me to study hard…. In matter of fact I didn’t mentioned that I’m a student… ehehhehe

After I managed to get out from the crowd at the MPH booth, then again I went up to the Hall 3 since I need to do few searching on the books… my lil sis managed to get books written by Faisal Tehrani but unlucky for her since she couldn’t get the author signature… however she still can get it if she have opportunity to meet him in UKM…. Adik also managed to meet her best buddy Ziela and Najwa during her elementary school….

In the evening I had an opportunity to attend Andrea Hirata discussion on his “Laskar Pelangi” tetralogy… the discussion organized by PTS… in fact Andrea is a nice man and friendly too… full of jokes during the discussion…. He able to the whole Johor room to laugh, to be quiet, to think and also to reflect by only saying few words…. I’m agree with him that if you want to be a writer, please write something that close to your heart… supposedly I’m going alone for the seminar since Yong and Adik schedule to be home… Adik had to join me because Yong doesn’t finish with her mini reunion and that the reason my lil sis was in the Johor room too… above all, my lil sis is begin to like the Andrea Hirata after join the discussion…

Next after finish with the discussion, I, Kak Anis and Adik went to Riverside… since Kak Anis need to perform her prayer, so left me and Adik… at Riverside we have our tea break before going home… apart waiting for Kak Anis, then Yong also coming after meeting her friends…. Then we learned that Abg Ujang and Kak Rahimah also were in PWTC… in fact while in Riverside, I managed to meet Kak Pink…. At last we meet…. so my siblings decide to go back with them… since my siblings left me early… I decide to go to JS booth… to do final greet and going back… but since the security being so strict, I and Kak Anis need to round the Hall 2 before we’re able to enter Hall 3… so while in Hall 2 I decide to buy Laskar Pelangi and unfortunately it sold out… so change my mind and bought Salju Sakinah by Zaid Akhtar… I had read few episodes in Utusan Malaysia but due to the fact that my house doesn’t bought the paper often so I want to know the story through the novel… while in PTS booth I met Kak Jid and now we’re able to do proper greetings… hehehehe…. I guess I need to ask Kak Jiid to buy for me all the four books by Andrea… *wink*

Then, I went to JS booth and do my final greetings… met all the kakak-kakak up there before going back… it was a nice day for me… although it tiring day but I don’t feel it since it such nice feeling to be there… like what Pn Ainon from PTS mentioned to Kak Anis, me n Adik that book fair is actually “Hari Raya Buku”… surely I agree with her…. Till then… see again next year… insyaAllah…

P/s: During my first visit I hardly know people expect for my Dang Cronies…but alhamdullilah now I have more circles of friends… it all happen because the Power of Books… book = knowledge… what a nice things….

No comments: