May 29, 2013

Prep Class + Street Photo & Street Dak’wa…

On last Sunday which falls on 26th May, together with my siblings I joined an event called Street Photo & Street Dak’wa…
The event is being organised by iMuslim…
iMuslim is actually a new NGO (but not so new I guess) that organised various events in regards with Islam…
The event took place in Masjid Negara, Kuala Lumpur…
However it doesn’t limit only in the mosque…
The participants are encouraged to outspread the area…
In matter of fact, I did cover until the part of Masjid Jamek together with my lil sister…
Since she’s familiar with all the road and alleys, it make much easier to us…
However since now we do experiencing heat wave, the obstacles become double…
Indeed, it’s such a good as being one who’s really way behind on stuff like Dak’wa…
Before the event took place, iMuslim did conduct a preparation class for newcomers just like me…
The class was held in TTDI Jaya…
Which close to my bestfriend house too…
Since the class was scheduled after Maghrib, I didn’t call my friends…
The class was taught by Bro Kamaruddin Abdullah…
He is a revert for more than 10 years if not mistaken…
He’s also a founder and director of IPIS in Penang…
As he was explaining a little bit on his background, suddenly he mentioned that he was used to work with Malaysian Airlines…
For us (me & my sisters) thinks that so much co-incidence and very much related with our father…
However, my father born Muslim… it’s just he also used to work with Malaysian Airlines specifically with MASKargo for more than 30 years…
How loyal he was…
During the class, Bro Kamaruddin emphasizes on how important for us a Muslim to make up our face with SMILE…
Since smile is one of capital in dak’wa…
He did pop up the question asking us what the capital of dak’wa, but none of us manage to anser it correctly…
Instead some of us did come up with Principles of Marketing that is 4P’s which the ultimate is PRODUCT…
It’s quite a shame since I’m myself can’t guess it right for the first time…
In the class Bro Kamaruddin told us from his experience how dak’wa can be done in various way…
The fact that working in place that I’m working now, the spirit and courage to spread Islam is much lesser that what I’ve been experienced during the class…
SubhanAllah for the good times I had while there…
Looking forward to join the iMuslim class or activities near future…
Back to the event, it started around 9 a.m.
All of us gather in front of TV Al-Hijrah stairs just beside JAWI entrance…
Had a quick and short brief on how the event flows…
We were separated into few groups…
So I just stick with my siblings with other 3 people…
There a one lady from IIC, Sakinah and a pair of brothers, Haris and Hassan… both of them just like unidentical twins since having a same height…
We start our activities around the Masjid Negara before moving further to Dataran Merdeka…
In front of Masjid Negara we had a chance to talk with a couple from US…
This is their first visit to Malaysia…
They’re nice and easy to talk with hence as usual some misperception in regards with Islam is there…
However being able to have a nice conversation makes most of us relief as this is our first time…
Besides, we do take some pictures as the theme is photography and dak’wa…
So let’s browse through the pictures that mainly taken by my lil sis, Fitrina…


At the end of the session, we do have a post-mortem in regards with the events…
All of us share the experience either it positive or negative…
Each of it brings a good knowledge for us the beginner…
Indeed dak’wa is something that a must for every Muslim…
From Abdullah Ibn Amru Ibn Al-Ash, Prophet Muhammad SAW once said,
“Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single sentence” 
(Sahih Bukhari, Vol.4, Hadith 667)

No comments: